Major supermarket finally gets with the times

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Brad Lockyer
      Keymaster

Aldi Australia has announced it will expanding its trial of self-service checkouts outside New South Wales, with 10 stores across Victoria being added to the scheme.

Historically resistant to introduce self-service checkouts, Aldi Australia store operations director Robert Eichfeld told news.com.au initial feedback had been positive.

“Shoppers also commented that they enjoyed the choice and appreciated the convenience of having a quick and easy option when only shopping for a few items,” he said.

“Since self-checkouts entered the Australian grocery sector, we’ve been watching with keen interest the convenience they provide customers as well as the value and efficiencies they drive for business.”

Are you happy about the change? Or is it just another example of the decline of hospitality?

Pacahawi
      Participant

I always use self-serve where available.
      I am elderly and slow and hate the feeling of a line of impatient customers behind me or a staff member serving me, wishing I would hurry up, if I am in a single line checkout.

Virgo
      Participant

I refuse to use self-serve checkouts. I amd elderly too, just turned 81, but I’m happy to wait my turn in the queue

Stuart
      Participant

I agree with the 2 posts above with a plus automatic machines put people out of work

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.