Participate in research for QUT about social technologies

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      yasamin.asadi
      Participant

What is the purpose of the research?
      Having recently experienced prolonged periods of lockdown, how people interact with social technologies and what they want from it has changed. This research aims to investigate older adults’ feelings towards communicating with an ambiguous entity (it is unclear if the entity is AI or a human) to understand the relationship between people, other people, virtual agents, and bots in a digital space.
      Are you looking for people like me?
      The research team is looking for senior citizens (Australian or International) to interview and help with the design of new technologies to support everyday connectedness.
      What will you ask me to do?
      Your participation will involve taking part in one or more of the following activities:
      • A study based on text messages for two weeks.
      • A follow-up interview where we will ask questions about routines and technology.
      Are there any risks for me in taking part?
      The research team does not believe there are any risks beyond normal day-to-day living associated with your participation in this research. It should be noted that if you do agree to participate, you can withdraw from participation at any time during the project without comment or penalty.
      Are there any benefits for me in taking part?
      It is expected that this project will not benefit you directly. However, it may benefit people from extended families and people that live away from their families, for example immigrants, by generating new design principles and technologies to help them maintain connectedness.
      Will I be compensated for my time?
      To recognise your contribution, should you choose to participate, the research team is offering four $20 voucher with a popular retailer/store (e.g. Woolworths, Target). The winners will be chosen through a raffle draw.
      Who is funding this research?
      The project is funded by the Australian Research Council however they will not have access to personally identifying information about you that may be obtained during the project.
      I am interested – what should I do next?
      If you would like to participate in this study, please contact the research team for details of the next step.
      You will be provided with further information to ensure that your decision and consent to participate is fully informed.

Yasamin Asadi – [email protected]

Thank You! QUT Ethics Approval Number: 1600000182

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.