What are the Royals getting up to?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 58 reply threads
  • Author
      Celia

Showing their silly side, the royals held half bear masks up to their face for a funny snap which featured on the front of the auction catalogue

See the source image

Celia

Princess Charlotte, seven, danced along to the Disney Encanto song We Don’t Talk About Bruno during her first royal engagement in Cardiff today

Princess Charlotte, seven, danced along to the Disney Encanto song We Don't Talk About Bruno during her first royal engagement in Cardiff today

Celia

The young prince really looks if he would be somewhere else and not carrying flowers for mum!

Pictured: Princess Charlotte of Cambridge and Prince George of Cambridge depart after a visit of Cardiff Castle

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

Pictured: Princess Charlotte of Cambridge and Prince George of Cambridge depart after a visit of Cardiff Castle

HOLA

Those cobbled stones don’t look very safe for wearing high heels.

Celia

See the source image

Celia

Lilibet’s first birthday: Harry and Meghan’s daughter is pictured at Frogmore Cottage | Daily Mail Online

In this picture Lilibet is seen in her mother Meghan's arms beside photographer Misan Harriman's family which includes his wife Camilla Holmstroem              

In this picture Lilibet is seen in her mother Meghan’s arms beside photographer Misan Harriman’s family which includes his wife Camilla Holmstroem

Celia

Lilibet’s first birthday: Harry and Meghan’s daughter is pictured at Frogmore Cottage | Daily Mail Online

This previously unseen picture was released by hours before the Sussexes shared the image of Lilibet. Pictured is Duchess of Cambridge with Prince Louis, Princess Charlotte and Prince George

This previously unseen picture was released by hours before the Sussexes shared the image of Lilibet. Pictured is Duchess of Cambridge with Prince Louis, Princess Charlotte and Prince George

Prince William is pictured in full military uniform with Prince Louis before Trooping the Colour on Thursday              

Prince William is pictured in full military uniform with Prince Louis before Trooping the Colour on Thursday

Celia

Inside Kate Middleton’s ‘unpretentious’ kitchen: How the Duchess has created an ‘unfussy’ room complete with a calm neutral colour scheme, a £499 KitchenAid and £4,000 ‘professional’ range cooker

Inside Kate Middleton's 'unpretentious' and 'unfussy' Anmer Hall kitchen that is fit for

Kate Middleton (pictured) has revealed a glimpse into her ‘unfussy and unpretentious’ Anmer Hall kitchen, sharing some photos of herself baking Platinum Jubilee treats with her three children. The Duchess of Cambridge, 40, was snapped in the kitchen of her Norfolk mansion whipping up some cupcakes with Prince George, eight, Princess Charlotte, seven, and Prince Louis, four (pictured). When it comes to what the kitchen could suggest about the Cambridge’s interests, interior design expert Benji Lewis told FEMAIL: ‘It looks as if cooking is quite the pastime, what with the assorted mixers and the range cooker that looks like it’s an appropriate size to afford versatility when it comes to culinary activity.’ He added: ‘Whilst the overall feel of the kitchen is homely, it’s unfussy and unpretentious, perhaps it’s even a kitchen that was already in the home when they moved into it. It’s certainly not a kitchen in which one would feel required to stand on ceremony, there’s nothing flashy about it, on the contrary it’s very normal with its simple knobs (some unpainted even), some open shelving and a lick of pale blue paint against soft grey or tan walls.’

Celia

The children, who are all a little too small to reach the counter tops, have been thoughtfully provided with stools

Celia
        Traditional touches: Shaker style doors can be seen on the wall cabinets between Kate Middleton and Princess Charlotte

•  
        •  
        •  
        •  
        •  
        •  

Traditional touches: Shaker style doors can be seen on the wall cabinets between Kate Middleton and Princess Charlotte

Celia

Netflix bosses will be ‘dismayed’ by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s failure to be photographed with the Queen and Prince William and Kate at the Jubilee, royal expert claims 

Netflix 'dismayed' by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Jubilee failure

Prince Harry’s biographer Angela Levin told GB News she’d heard the streaming-giant was desperate for the pair to secure images of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex with royals like the Queen and Prince William as part of the series they are filming (left, and right) Ms Levin’s comments come a day after it emerged Harry and Meghan had also failed to persuade the Queen to pose alongside daughter and name-sake Lilibet (inset, Angela).

HOLA

I think the Queen is a very smart lady not allowing photos of her with baby Lily. She could see the writing on the wall by Harry and Co using this to their advantage..

Axel

After throwing the Royal family under the bus in their Oprah interview, the Sussex’s now want to take advantage of their Royal connections.  They really are the ‘pits’ …

Celia

Prince William goes undercover as a Big Issue seller in London complete with red vest and hat – then poses for a photo after he’s spotted by a passerby who praises the ‘silent gesture’ of charity

Prince William goes undercover as a Big Issue in Westminster

•  

Inspiring photographs have emerged online capturing a beaming Duke of Cambridge, 39, quietly selling the magazine in Rochester Row, Westminster, before posing with several passersby (pictured left and centre). In one instance, he was spotted by a passing Londoner, who had a ‘private moment with the future King, who was humble and working silently in the background’, before the royal asked if he wanted to buy the Big Issue. When the passerby said he had ‘no change’, father-of-three William, dressed in a blue shirt and matching jeans, produced a mobile card machine. The Duke of Cambridge has been working alongside projects helping the homeless since his late mother, Princess Diana, took him to visit a London homeless shelter when he was a child. Kensington Palace declined to comment on Prince William’s Big Issue volunteering. Pictured right, Prince William during his visit to Cardiff on Saturday, alongside his wife Kate and their two oldest children, Prince George, eight, and Princess Charlotte, seven. 

Celia

The one-year-old looked in awe of the festivities.© Provided by Are Media Pty LtdThe one-year-old looked in awe of the festivities.

Underneath Eugenie’s Jubilee Pageant post, a fan wrote, “Aaaaw, little August is the image of mummy!”

Another shared, “Looks not just like you but also like a little Princess Beatrice ????.”

“Precious little boy! Looks just like his mama!,” wrote a third commenter.

RnR

An artist has been overwhelmed by the public response to her Queen and Paddington Bear drawing.

Eleanor Tomlinson, from East Yorkshire, was inspired after watching the recent Jubilee celebrations featuring Paddington having tea with Her Majesty. The image went viral on social media after she posted it online, she said.

Copies of the artwork have been requested by thousands of people, including Paddington star Hugh Bonneville.

The original drawing has been sold to a long-standing customer, she said. However, she added that prints were being produced to satisfy the thousands of requests for a copy.

Full BBC story.

Celia

Queen, 96, reaches extraordinary milestone as she becomes world’s SECOND longest-serving monarch | Daily Mail Online

The Queen has reached an incredible new milestone after becoming the world’s second longest reigning monarch.

Her Majesty, 96, will overtake Thailand‘s King Bhumibol Adulyadej, who reigned for 70 years and 126 days between 1946 and 2016, from today.

Earlier this month, the Queen surpassed Johan II of Liechtenstein, who reigned for 70 years and 91 days, until his death in February 1929. 

Louis XIV of France remains the longest-reigning monarch, with a 72-year and 110-day reign from 1643 until 1715, while the Queen’s stint on the throne now stands at 70 years and 126 day, equal to King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s.

The Queen has reached a new milestone today, after becoming the world's second longest reigning monarch with 70 years and 126 days on the throne under her belt  

The Queen has reached a new milestone today, after becoming the world’s second longest reigning monarch with 70 years and 126 days on the throne under her belt

Prince Johan II of Liechtenstein, who reigned for 70 years and 91 days, until his death in February 1929  

Prince Johan II of Liechtenstein, who reigned for 70 years and 91 days, until his death in February 1929

King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thaliand pictured with the Queen during a state visit to the UK in July 1960 

King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thaliand pictured with the Queen during a state visit to the UK in July 1960

Louis XIV of France (pictured), known as Louis the Great, became King at the tender age of four following the death of his father Louis XIII, and ruled from 14 May 1643 to 1 September 1715  

Louis XIV of France (pictured), known as Louis the Great, became King at the tender age of four following the death of his father Louis XIII, and ruled from 14 May 1643 to 1 September 1715

Celia

Duchess of Cornwall believes more children should learn poems by heart as ‘makes them concentrate’ | Daily Mail Online

Camilla, who names Christina Rossetti’s poem Echo as a favourite, reflects on the success of her Reading Room project, which, she says, many people had assumed would be ‘a total flop’. She adds: ‘It is a book club, something that I conjured up in lockdown. A lot of people wrote to me after I’d recommended a few books for them to read and it went so well and I got so many letters that I thought, why not start to put it on a bigger scale?

‘There were a few people who were convinced that it wasn’t going to go anywhere and it would be a total flop, but luckily I’ve been able to prove them wrong.’

The Duchess of Cornwall placed copies of some of her favourite books in a red phone box library at the tiny library exchange in Abergeldie in rural Aberdeenshire earlier this year

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

The Duchess of Cornwall placed copies of some of her favourite books in a red phone box library at the tiny library exchange in Abergeldie in rural Aberdeenshire earlier this year

The podcast, part of a series featuring Commonwealth authors, was produced by students at Chester University, where the Duchess, as the Countess of Chester, holds an honorary degree.

Camilla will also open the Daily Mail-sponsored Chalke Valley History Festival, at Broad Chalke, near Salisbury, Wiltshire, on June 20.

l The Commonwealth Poetry Podcast is available from today on commonwealthpoetrypodcast.co.uk and on iTunes, Spotify and Amazon Music. 

Celia

Cheeky Guy!

Prince Andrew’s fightback: Shamed duke ‘has been lobbying the Queen’ to reinstate him as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards and ‘wants his HRH status restored and a return to royal duties’ Prince Andrew 'believes his HRH status should be RESTORED'      

The Duke of York is said to have been lobbying the Queen for his former status to be restored and to be allowed back to official events alongside other royals. Andrew, 62, was stripped of his official duties at the start of this year as he prepared to pay a multi-million-pound settlement to Virginia Giuffre to keep her allegations of sexual abuse, which he denies, out of court. Today, the duke will appear in public alongside senior royals at the annual Order of the Garter ceremony, wearing full regalia as part of the procession at Windsor Castle. He will appear because he is a member of the Order, the country’s oldest and most senior order of chivalry and a personal honour given at the bequest of the Queen. It will be the closest he has been to large crowds of members of the public in recent years and has sparked fears he could even be booed. It was reported last night that the duke believes he should also be included in other royal and state events. Prince Charles is understood to be prominent among those who feel he must be kept at arm’s length to avoid damaging the entire institution of the British monarch

Celia

Laughing Kate Middleton wears elegant coat dress while Sophie Wessex is pretty in pink Valentino as they lead royal arrivals at Order of the Garter service 

Members of the royal family arrive at Windsor Castle for Garter Day

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

Kate Middleton, 40, opted for a distinctive blue coatdress for the occasion, which she paired with a matching fascinator and dazzling diamond earrings (left). Meanwhile the Countess of Wessex was pretty in a pink Valentino gown as she arrived at St George’s Chapel earlier today (right, inset).

Celia

I never thought I would see this!

The Duchess of Cornwall opted for a sweeping white gown for the occasion, which she paired with tanned stiletto heels (pictured)   

The Duchess of Cornwall opted for a sweeping white gown for the occasion, which she paired with tanned stiletto heels

Celia
      In a photograph released this afternoon, The Queen, 96, was elegant in a silver gown with matching shoes as she joined Prince Charles and Camilla ahead of the annual Order of the Garter service at St George's Chapel today

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

In a photograph released this afternoon, The Queen, 96, was elegant in a silver gown with matching shoes as she joined Prince Charles and Camilla ahead of the annual Order of the Garter service at St George’s Chapel today 

RnR

HM looks so frail in that photo to me.

Still has the handbag though LOL.

Celia

She is not the only one these days becoming frail, I feel the difference myself the last three months in my strengths.  

Axel

Do you exercise Celia?  Even gardening is very good for you.

I thought you were much improved.

The 70’s age group is not normally seen as frail.

Celia

Hi Axel.

I am comparing myself to what I used to be, I will never get back to that again.

I can compare myself to people I know that are a decade younger than me and they are more frail than I am even now.    

These days I still keep my exercise bike, OK I don’t use it anywhere near what I used to, the poor thing is nearly worn out, but I sit on it and do only 60 seconds to 120 seconds, I know that doesn’t sound very much but that is my limit these days.  It makes my legs muscles strong.

When I was in Hollywood hospital the Occupational Therapist had me go for a walk and he noticed my legs were strong, that is the strongest part of me!  LOL  My back I have herniated three discs in over the years so I want my legs to keep up the work!

But I am not on the correct subject matter!

Which makes me think that is there a Thread on this site that talks about the strength and the manner of which we as seniors care for our bodies?

Celia

Royals turn out in force for Royal Ascot as Queen misses out | Daily Mail Online

Instead, the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall were in attendance alongside Sophie Wessex, Princess Beatrice and Zara Tindall.  

The Queen, who has owned 22 winners of races at Royal Ascot, was among racegoers attending last year after it was selected to take part in the Government’s events research programme on behalf of the sport of racing.

She did not attend the first day of last year’s races but was later present at day five with her racing manager John Warren and inspected her four horses in the Parade Ring after they crossed the finish line.

The Queen is a passionate horse breeder and has a number of runners scheduled to be entered at Royal Ascot this week. But while the monarch will not be in the royal box today, racegoers are likely to see Charles, Camilla and Mr Phillips amongst other royals in there.

Prince Charles and Camilla led the royal family today at Royal Ascot as they came out in force for the first day of the races - while the Queen missed the event amid her ongoing mobility issues

•  

Prince Charles and Camilla led the royal family today at Royal Ascot as they came out in force for the first day of the races – while the Queen missed the event amid her ongoing mobility issues

•  
      The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall were in attendance alongside Princess Beatrice and Zara Tindall

•  

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall were in attendance alongside Princess Beatrice (left with her husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi) and Zara Tindall (right)

Celia

‘I will never forget that I survived’: Kate and William hear heart-breaking accounts from Grenfell survivors as they make surprise appearance at memorial service and lay a wreath to mark five years since 72 residents died in blaze 

Eight-year-old Ayeesha reads her poem 'Never Forget'

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge stood with survivors of the fire along and the bereaved at a memorial service also attended by MPs including Theresa May, who was prime minister at the time. The royal couple have long supported survivors and the families who died in the fire on June 14, 2017, which was accelerated by deadly combustible cladding and where many of those who died had been told to stay in their flats. 72 people died in the tragedy – but more are feared to have perished but were never identified. And today with tears streaming down the faces of mourners, dressed in green and clutching photographs of their loved ones, the fifth anniversary was marked. There are a number of other events planned for today, including outside the shell of Grenfell. Today’s congregation stood as the Westminster Abbey special service choir sang Psalm 102:1: ‘Hear my prayer, O Lord, and let my crying come unto thee.’ The names of the 72 men, women and children who lost their lives in the worst fire in a generation were also read out. After each group of names was read out, the congregation said in unison ‘Forever in our hearts’ – the phrase emblazoned across the top of the covered-up tower in north Kensington.

Celia

Sarah Ferguson says Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice are good mothers thanks to her | Daily Mail Online

Sarah Ferguson, 62, (middle) has spoken about what it is like spending time with her two grandchildren. Her daughter Princess Eugenie (left) gave birth to August in February, whilst Princess Beatrice (right) had her daughter Sienna in September 2021       

Sarah Ferguson, 62, (middle) has spoken about what it is like spending time with her two grandchildren. Her daughter Princess Eugenie (left) gave birth to August in February, whilst Princess Beatrice (right) had her daughter Sienna in September 2021 

Fergie said to Matt Haycox on his podcast that she teaches August (pictured) and Sienna the same way that she taught their mothers       

Fergie said to Matt Haycox on his podcast that she teaches August (pictured) and Sienna the same way that she taught their mothers 

Celia

Looking good: Mother-of-three Kate teamed her high-neck polka dot dress with a matching white and black floral hat, as well as pearl drop earrings, while sporting a smattering of glamorous makeup       

Looking good: Mother-of-three Kate teamed her high-neck polka dot dress with a matching white and black floral hat, as well as pearl drop earrings, while sporting a smattering of glamorous makeup 

Glamorous racegoers pull out all the stops in elaborate headgear for Royal Ascot | Daily Mail Online

Giggles! The Duchess of Cambridge looked radiant as she broke into laughter alongside Prince William as they attended Royal Ascot Giggles! The Duchess of Cambridge looked radiant as she broke into laughter alongside Prince William as they attended Royal Ascot

Sophie

…Meanwhile Carole raids Kate’s wardrobe. Notice the belt does not fit her matronly figure, so she swaps for a tie belt, probably also let out a few darts!

kate middleton carole middleton same dress

….akimbo stance Carole?  Not a good look for the mother of a future Queen!

royal ascot 2022

Picture Credit: Town and Country

Celia

Mrs Middleton is a wealthy woman so why does she wear a cheap copy of her daughters dress I wonder?    One pet hate I have is that so many dresses these days are short waisted like this one is.   Very hard to find a good fitting dress, but when they have money to spend I would have thought she could have done much better for herself.

Photo credit: Max Mumby/Indigo - Getty Images

Sophie

It’s not a copy…it’s the original dress that Kate wore. Here is Carole again having another raid on Kate’s wardrobe! Seems she loves saving money on clothes!

Carole and Kate also wore the same cobalt blue dress two years apart.

Celia

I do feel for mature women that have lost their shape and want to keep up with their young slim daughters!   They husbands must  feel awful at times watching his daughter and then the wife that doesn’t want to act her age!

Perhaps we need a Thread on Fashion not this one?

Celia

Some of the captions in the Daily Mail make me wonder if the writer has passed their Eleven Plus at school in the UK!

Some of their writing leaves a lot to be desired. 

Princess Beatrice's husband Edoardo removed his hat and tipped it towards the Prince of Wales as they greeted one another at Ascot

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

Princess Beatrice’s husband Edoardo removed his hat and tipped it towards the Prince of Wales as they greeted one another at Ascot 

RnR

Some of the captions in the Daily Mail make me wonder if the writer has passed their Eleven Plus at school in the UK!

Most of the Daily Mail writing makes me wonder the same LOL.

Celia

Also the spell check on this site leaves a lot to be desired too RnR it is American Spelling not even Australian spelling never mind British Queens English Spelling!

I know I have a lot of errors thanks to the stroke but I do try.

Celia

Laughter that shows Prince William will be having a VERY happy Father’s Day days before he turns 40 | Daily Mail Online

William (centre) is pictured beaming with George (right), Charlotte (left) and Prince Louis (on his shoulders) in Jordan

Kate poses for a Christmas card snap with the children on what appears to be the same day during their holiday in Jordan

Kate poses for a Christmas card snap with the children on what appears to be the same day during their holiday in Jordan

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

Suze
      Participant

I heard on the news that apparently we will get another public holiday when the Q Elizabeth falls off the perch as well as one for Charles.

Guess that makes you popular with the public of the Commonwealth.

Celia

LOL  thats a new one on me Suze!

I feel sorry for William, but I won’t be around to see it I doubt.

I was reading that William wants to bring his children up in a smaller home so there is no servants to wait on them and the children will have to fend for themselves like mummy Kate did.

It reminds me of one of the Romanov,s  Alexander II who wanted to also bring his family up in a smaller home and get them to do their own thing without servants, sadly he was assassinated  and his son Nicholas suddenly became ruler with no experience.  

His mother Marie was the sister of British Queen Alexandra who was like her sister a Danish Princess.

She became the daughter in law of Queen Victoria.

Celia

Norwegian Princess Ingrid Alexandra poses for group photo at castle in Oslo after turning 18 in January – but only celebrating now due to Covid delays 

Norwegian Princess Ingrid Alexandra poses for group photo at castle in Oslo after turning

Princess Ingrid Alexandra’s celebrated her 18th birthday in style on Friday. She reached her milestone in January but postponed any formal celebrations due to the pandemic. Denmark required all non-residents to present a negative Covid-19 test upon arrival at the border from December to January 17 this year, when Omicron was peaking.

Celia

Interesting photo of the royal heirs of the various country

Holland, Sweden, Norway, Belgium and Luxembourg.  [all shapes and sizes and ages]

Norway's Princess Ingrid Alexandra (C) with (L-R) Swedish Princess Estelle, Dutch Princess Amalia, Belgian Princess Elisabeth, and Prince Charles of Luxembourg       

Norway’s Princess Ingrid Alexandra (C) with (L-R) Swedish Princess Estelle, Dutch Princess Amalia, Belgian Princess Elisabeth, and Prince Charles of Luxembourg

Celia

Norway’s royals seem a closer family group with step children included.

Norway's Princess Ingrid Alexandra (front Centre) poses for a family photo with (front L and R) Norway's King Harald V and Norway's Queen Sonja and (back LtoR) Marit Tjessem, Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Norway's Crown Prince Haakon Norway's Prince Sverre Magnus and Marius Borg Hoiby       

Norway’s Princess Ingrid Alexandra (front Centre) poses for a family photo with (front L and R) Norway’s King Harald V and Norway’s Queen Sonja and (back LtoR) Marit Tjessem, Norway’s Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Norway’s Crown Prince Haakon Norway’s Prince Sverre Magnus and Marius Borg Hoiby

[I cannot imagine Charles including Camilla’s children in a photo like this only after their wedding some years back.

See the source image

RnR

1837 – Queen Victoria succeeds to the British throne.

Victoria, Alexandrina Victoria (1819–1901) was Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland from 20 June 1837 until her death. From 1 May 1876, she adopted the additional title of Empress of India.

Victoria at age 5 with her mother the Duchess of Kent. Portrait of Victoria at age 14 with her spaniel Dash by George Hayter, 1833.

Victoria later described her childhood as “rather melancholy”. Her mother was extremely protective, and Victoria was raised largely isolated from other children under the so-called “Kensington System”, an elaborate set of rules and protocols devised by the Duchess and her ambitious and domineering comptroller, Sir John Conroy. Victoria shared a bedroom with her mother every night, studied with private tutors to a regular timetable, and spent her play-hours with her dolls and her King Charles Spaniel, Dash.

Victoria inherited the throne on 20 June 1837 at the age of 18, after her father’s three elder brothers had all died, leaving no surviving legitimate children.

The United Kingdom was already an established constitutional monarchy, in which the sovereign held relatively little direct political power. Privately, Victoria attempted to influence government policy and ministerial appointments; publicly, she became a national icon who was identified with strict standards of personal morality.

Coronation of Queen Victoria 28 June 1838 by Sir George Hayter.

The coronation of Queen Victoria took place just over a year after she inherited the throne.

Victoria married her first cousin, Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, in 1840. Their nine children married into royal and noble families across the continent, tying them together and earning her the sobriquet “the grandmother of Europe”. After Albert’s death in 1861, Victoria plunged into deep mourning and avoided public appearances.

Marriage of Victoria and Albert by Sir George Hayter.

Victoria’s reign of 63 years and seven months is known as the Victorian era and was longer than that of any of her predecessors. It was a period of industrial, cultural, political, scientific, and military change within the United Kingdom, and was marked by a great expansion of the British Empire. Her Golden and Diamond Jubilees were times of great public celebration.

More.

Celia

William’s masterplan to shape HIS monarchy: Prince will CELEBRATE nations ditching the crown, speak his mind on issues close to his heart and leave NO place for rogue Andrew in slimmed-down Firm, his closest confidantes tell REBECCA ENGLISH

How Prince William wishes Andrew would just 'vanish' from a slimmed down monarchy

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

Like his father, Prince William believes a slimmed-down Royal Family is the best way to ensure its survival – and that his shamed uncle, Prince Andrew, should never have a part to play in it again (Princes William, Andrew and Charles pictured left, William and Andrew bottom right). There is no doubt that William passionately believes the Royal Family has an important part to play in national life, as long as it remains credible and relevant. But while he is never going to do anything to unsettle it, it is a mistake to assume he will follow his grandmother’s ‘never complain, never explain’ mantra (Prince William and Kate are pictured top right in Kingston, Jamaica, in March)

Celia

Tomorrow would have been my mother in laws Birthday, she was so happy that little Prince William was born on her birthday, tomorrow William turns 40.

These are the photos from his 30th birthday!

See the source image

Celia

I guess some of us will remember this photo of William as a baby with his parents in New Zealand!

See the source image

Celia

Where have the years gone to?

See the source image

Celia

See the source image

Celia

See the source image

Celia

See the source image

Celia

How sad that this relationship of two brothers have fallen apart.

See the source image

Celia

See the source image

Celia

See the source image

Celia

In Australia

See the source image

Celia

See the source image

Lucca

Wills is quite the lad! This is what caught his eye, Kate in her see through dress 

Dress that bagged a prince: Kate Middleton wore the knitted creation at a charity fashion show in 2002

Celia

Prince William at 40: A milestone birthday in a life under scrutiny

As William celebrates his birthday on June 21, his role is central to British monarchy

Prince William at 40: A milestone birthday in a life under scrutiny | Hollywood – Gulf News

Copy of Britain_Prince_William_79239.jpg-7b158-1655724835211

Celia

Prince William (pictured with Big Issue vendor Dave Martin) has revealed he hopes to show his three children the ‘fantastic’ homelessness organisations he works with – ‘just as my mother did for me’ – when posing for a special edition of The Big Issue to mark his 40th birthday

RnR

Happy birthday Prince William.

Prince William was born at St Mary’s Hospital, London on 21 June 1982 as the first child of Charles, Prince of Wales and Diana, Princess of Wales.

His names, William Arthur Philip Louis, were announced by Buckingham Palace on 28 June.

He was baptised by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Robert Runcie, in the Music Room of Buckingham Palace on 4 August, the 82nd birthday of his paternal great-grandmother Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother. William had six godparents: former King Constantine II of Greece; Princess Alexandra, The Honourable Mrs Ogilvy ; the Duchess of Westminster; Lady Susan Hussey; Lord Romsey; and Sir Laurens van der Post. He was the first child born to a Prince and Princess of Wales since Prince John in 1905.

Celia

A handsome young men.

Shortly after his graduation, William joined the Army, stating at the time that he didn't want to marry until he was '28 or 30'       

Shortly after his graduation, William joined the Army, stating at the time that he didn’t want to marry until he was ’28 or 30′

Right royal night out: William fully embraced his student years at St Andrew's University and periods of leave from the army in his early twenties; the royal was regularly seen spilling out of London's glitziest nightclubs (Pictured at now-closed Boujis in 2007)

[Just goes to prove he is human!]
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

Right royal night out: William fully embraced his student years at St Andrew’s University and periods of leave from the army in his early twenties; the royal was regularly seen spilling out of London’s glitziest nightclubs (Pictured at now-closed Boujis in 2007)  

William at 40: How Prince has matured from a party prince into a global statesman | Daily Mail Online

Celia

Smiling Queen, 96, stands without a walking stick as she is handed Jubilee honour by Justin Welby after he was forced to miss thanksgiving service because he had Covid 

Smiling Queen stands without walking stick as she is presented with Canterbury Cross by

The Archbishop of Canterbury had been due to take the Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral as part of the Platinum Jubilee weekend, but had to pull out when he was struck down with the disease. Today he finally got the chance to congratulate Her Majesty face-to-face, as part of a meeting with Her Majesty at Windsor Castle, in which he praised her ‘unstinting’ service to the Church of England. Her Majesty, who has recently faced mobility issues at the age of 96, was pictured smiling at he gave her a special citation to mark her Platinum Jubilee. In the audience the Most Rev Welby gave the Queen the small silver cross, inspired by a 9th century Saxon brooch and incorporating a triquetra pattern, as a ‘heartfelt symbol’ of the church’s ‘love, loyalty and affection’. The Queen, wearing her glasses and dressed in a cream dress decorated with a pattern of large pink flowers, was photographed standing as she was shown the cross. The monarch shook hands with the archbishop, who wore purple clerical robes, as he entered the Oak Room sitting room in the Berkshire castle. Presented in a vivid red box and attached to a blue ribbon, the cross was specially crafted for its royal recipient with platinum inserts in recognition of her milestone 70 years on the throne.

Celia

Prince Charles touches down in Kigali in first ever royal visit to Rwanda | Daily Mail Online

His arrival comes days after he The Mail revealed that he had privately condemned the UK's Rwands asylum plan       

His arrival comes days after he The Mail revealed that he had privately condemned the UK’s Rwands asylum plan

Charles met Special Advisor Ambassador Yamina Kritanyi shortly after stepping off the plane this evening

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

Charles met Special Advisor Ambassador Yamina Kritanyi shortly after stepping off the plane this evening

Celia

Queen beams and stands unaided as she greets Australian politician Margaret Beazley at Windsor | Daily Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth (left) receiving the Governor of New South Wales Margaret Beazley (right), during an audience at Windsor Castle today

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

Queen Elizabeth (left) receiving the Governor of New South Wales Margaret Beazley (right), during an audience at Windsor Castle today

Celia

Duchess of Cambridge looks elegant in a white trouser suit as she visits a youth group with Prince William to mark Windrush Day

Kate Middleton and Prince William mark Windrush Day

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are unveiling  statue at Waterloo Station to mark Windrush Day, designed by the Jamaican artist and sculptor Basil Watson. The Government, which has provided £1 million in funding for the project, said it ‘symbolises the courage, commitment and resilience of the thousands of men, women and children who travelled to the UK to start new lives from 1948 to 1971’.

catsahoy

thoroghly enjoyed the ROYAL CONCERT.   last week,   loved the QUEEN and PADDINGTON,   

HOLA

Hi Cats, So good to see you back at YLC, hope you are well.

Celia

I agree Hola, good to see you Cats.  How have you been please?

Hope you have had some good times?

Celia

How Edward VIII’s daddy issues led to his 1936 abdication: Historian Jane Ridley says George V’s neglect of his eldest son made him a ‘rebel’ who didn’t have the ‘self-discipline’ to be king

Edward VIII's daddy issues led to his 1936 abdication, historian says

Edward caused one of the biggest crises in the history of the monarchy when he abdicated in 1936 after less than a year on the throne so he could marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson. The then Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin had insisted along with the rest of the Establishment that Edward would have to first give up his position before he could tie the knot with Wallis. Within months of renouncing his title, he and Wallis married in France. But, speaking today at the Chalke Valley History Festival, which is sponsored by the Daily Mail, historian Professor Jane Ridley said Edward’s abdication stemmed from the fact his father had made ‘no attempt’ to prepare him for being king. She said she showed him no affection or praise and made no effort to ‘build a relationship’, which in the long run had ‘quite bad effects’ and was one of the ‘key factors leading up to the abdication’. As a result, whilst the Queen and her father King George VI are ‘famous’ for diligently reading official government papers, Edward’s would ‘come back with wine stains and cigarette burns on them’, Professor Ridley said. She added Edward thought his role was a ‘waste of time’ and to a ‘large extent’ this was a ‘reaction against his dad who bullied him’.

Celia

It is ages since I have seen a photo of Princess Alexandra in the press.  Here she is at Ascot in the UK.

Slide 14 of 38: Princess Alexandra, The Honourable Lady Ogilvy, was pure grace at the Royal Procession on day 2 of the races.

Celia

Countess Sophie of Wessex.

Slide 19 of 38: Often by the side of Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla, the Countess of Wessex showed once more that she has become more central in royal public life since Queen Elizabeth took a slight step out of the limelight over the past year.

Celia

The once monarch of Holland.

Who abdicated in favour of her son.      The Dutch royal wore navy for the occasion   

Princess Beatrix travelled all the way from the Netherlands to attend the emotional London service. She wore navy for the occasion\

Royals attend Service of Thanksgiving for Queen’s cousin and close friend Lady Elizabeth Shakerley | Daily Mail Online

The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, 62, also attended the service

+40
      View gallery
      •  
      She put on an animate display on her way to St Margaret's Church

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, 62, also attended the service and put on an animate display on her way to St Margaret’s Church

Princess Alexandra opted for a dotted navy dress and a white and navy blue hat for the service

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

Princess Alexandra opted for a dotted navy dress and a white and navy blue hat for the service 

Celia

Queen is ‘back in the saddle and riding her horse again’ after ditching walking stick despite mobility problems 

Nine months after she was advised to stop riding, the 96-year-old monarch has reportedly been on horseback in Windsor – defying doctors who told her not to. (file photo)

Celia

Camilla (pictured, left) attended Kigali Fashion Week at Kigali Arena this evening with her husband Prince Charles

The Duchess, 74, wore a white tunic for the fashion show, pairing it with dangling statement earrings, and a gold diamond pendant

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

The Duchess, 74, wore a white tunic for the fashion show, pairing it with dangling statement earrings, and a gold diamond pendant

Camilla dons all-white outfit to attend Kigali Fashion Week in Rwanda with Prince Charles | Daily Mail Online

Celia

Some nice and different paintings of the British Royals.

Artist Gareth Reid painted this depiction of Prince Charles, which the Prince of Wales unveiled himself during a visit to Hillsborough Castle alongside the Duchess of Cornwall

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

Artist Gareth Reid painted this depiction of Prince Charles, which the Prince of Wales unveiled himself during a visit to Hillsborough Castle alongside the Duchess of Cornwall

Funny portraits of the royal family as painting of Kate and William branded ‘frumpy’ | Daily Mail Online

Artist John Ward painted Princess Diana in her wedding dress in 1984, in a portrait that was displayed at the 'Princes as Patrons' exhibition in Cardiff 14 years later

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

Artist John Ward painted Princess Diana in her wedding dress in 1984, in a portrait that was displayed at the ‘Princes as Patrons’ exhibition in Cardiff 14 years later

The Duke of Cambridge has not escaped from the unusual paintings of himself after this portrait was released by artist John Wonnacott ahead of the Queen Mother's 100th birthday

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

The Duke of Cambridge has not escaped from the unusual paintings of himself after this portrait was released by artist John Wonnacott ahead of the Queen Mother’s 100th birthday

Funny portraits of the royal family as painting of Kate and William branded ‘frumpy’ | Daily Mail Online

Celia

Glamorous Charles and Camilla dazzle at black tie dinner in Rwanda for Commonwealth leaders event | Daily Mail Online

Oh dear me!  Camilla spoils a very nice evening dress with a peep through of white!

The couple were met by a familiar face, the Master of the Queen's Household, The Earl of Rosslyn, who was there to represent Her Majesty, who is head of the Commonwealth, and oversea the event. Pictured welcoming guests

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  

The couple were met by a familiar face, the Master of the Queen’s Household, The Earl of Rosslyn, who was there to represent Her Majesty, who is head of the Commonwealth, and oversea the event. Pictured welcoming guests

All Commonwealth leaders had a gold goblet with their emblem and country engraved on it by their place setting - a typically thoughtful gesture by Buckingham Palace. The Duchess of Cornwall is pictured

•  

All Commonwealth leaders had a gold goblet with their emblem and country engraved on it by their place setting – a typically thoughtful gesture by Buckingham Palace. The Duchess of Cornwall is pictured

HOLA

If Camilla wore Black undies it wouldn’t have shown up.

Celia

‘Thank you for your sacrifice’: Kate Middleton poses in cockpit of fighter jet in never-before-seen photos as she writes touching tribute to servicemen and women on Armed Forces Day

Kate Middleton poses in fighter jet as she posts tribute to servicemen and women on Armed

NEW The Duchess of Cambridge posted a touching tribute to members of the British armed forces in a personal message alongside photos of her visit to a training base last November. She commemorated servicemen and women past and present in the post, which she signed off with a ‘C’.

Celia

As the years foll by the European monarchs together from Holland, Denmark and England.

[Queens in their own right]

See the source image

also in this photo is the monarch of Sweden.

Image result for photos of the queens of holland, denmark and england Monarchs of Holland and England

Image result for photos of the queens of holland, denmark and england  Monarchs of Denmark and Holland

Image result for photos of the queens of holland, denmark and england Monarchs of Denmark and England

See the source image

Monarch of England and Denmark

Queen Elizabeth;  Queen Margrethe and Queen Beatrix.

RnR

Princess Mary and Prince Frederik have removed their eldest son Christian from a prestigious Danish high school after serious allegations of sexual assault and bullying were levelled against the establishment. The Danish royal family have also confirmed their second eldest child, Isabella, will not be attending the Herlufsholm Boarding School towards the end of the year as they had originally planned.

Full story.

Celia

I can see Mary is going to be the shortest of the family very soon!

Celia

Beaming Queen, 96, stands with walking stick for first public appearance since her Jubilee weekend as she takes part in ancient ‘Ceremony of the Keys’ ritual at Holyroodhouse with Prince Edward and Sophie

The Queen, 96, travels to Scotland to take part in ceremony of the keys at Holyrood

The 96-year-old, who has cut back on public engagements due to mobility issues, is in Edinburgh and was all smiles as she took part in the historic Ceremony of the Keys – the traditional opener to Holyrood week for the Royals. She has been joined by her youngest son, Edward, and his wife, Sophie, known as the Earl and Countess of Forfar while they are in Scotland, for the event, which is taking place at the Palace of Holyroodhouse. The ceremony sees the monarch handed the keys of the city and welcomed to her ‘ancient and hereditary kingdom of Scotland’. Her Majesty ‘hopes’ to carry a out several engagements – and will meet Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon during her stay. The trip comes after the recent Platinum Jubilee celebrations for the Queen, in which she pledged to continue to do her job ‘to the best of my ability supported by my family’.

•  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      The monarch then ceremoniously returns the keys, entrusting them to the elected officials of the city

•  

In the ceremony the Lord Provost offers the monarch the keys of the city of Edinburgh (pictured). The monarch then ceremoniously returns the keys (right), entrusting them to the elected officials of the city

Prince Edward smiles at his mother as he supports her in her duties this week

•  

Prince Edward smiles at his mother as he supports her in her duties this week

Celia

Pretty shade of mauve.

As has become common these days, her Majesty, 96, was photographed carrying a walking stick during today's appearance

Queen, 96, looks sprightly as she attends ‘act of loyalty’ military parade in Edinburgh | Daily Mail Online 

The monarch appeared to be in good spirits as she attended the parade in Edinburgh, and was photographed beaming   

Her Majesty, 96, was photographed carrying a walking stick during today’s appearance, but despite that, was still seen beaming

The 96-year-old, pictured at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh, will be in Scotland for a week of royal events marking her Platinum Jubilee       

The 96-year-old, pictured at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh, will be in Scotland for a week of royal events marking her Platinum Jubilee

During the Act of Loyalty Parade in the gardens of the Palace of Holyroodhouse today, Governor of Edinburgh Castle Alastair Bruce (pictured, left) led cadets       

During the Act of Loyalty Parade in the gardens of the Palace of Holyroodhouse today, Governor of Edinburgh Castle Alastair Bruce (pictured, left) led cadets

RnR

Lovely photos of the Queen, thanks Celia.

Celia

Queen of the kitchen! Maxima of The Netherlands dons VERY glamorous look to show off her culinary skills while meeting Ukrainian refugees at a community cooking project in Vienna

Queen Maxima dons VERY glamorous look as she shows off her culinary skills during Vienna

Queen Máxima (pictured) of The Netherlands has once again ensured all eyes on her, donning a lavish grey lace outfit during an appearance in Vienna today. The 51-year-old Dutch royal is currently on a three-day state visit of Austria with her husband King Willem-Alexander, 55 (pictured). Today they visited a community cooking project at Brotfabrik, a former bread factory which has been turned into a social enterprise featuring art displays as well offering other cultural and education initiatives. During the trip, Máxima donned a very glamorous grey ensemble, matching a one-shouldered lack gown with an elegant hat in matching fabric

Celia

The King of Holland.

William Alexander.

See the source image

Celia

Isabel da Áustria 1867.jpg  A sad story of a Princess.

Empress Elisabeth of Austria – Wikipedia

Empress Elisabeth and her husband Emperor Franz Joseph I

Elisabeth was forced to marry her cousin, Emperor Franz Joseph I, at age 16. (Getty images)

The sad life of Empress Elisabeth of Austria – 9Honey (nine.com.au)

Celia

Spain’s heir to the throne returning home after studies in the UK.  Princess Leonor and sister 11 months younger than her Princess Sofia.

See the source image

Celia

See the source image See the source imageSee the source image 

Celia

about 18 months ago going to school.

See the source image

Celia

With their grandmother Queen Sofia

See the source image

Celia

See the source image

Celia

Princess Leonor of Spain is poised to be queen | Daily Mail Online

For our Spanish migrants in Australia.

British boarding school: In 2021, Leonor and Princess Alexia of the Netherlands, 17, the second eldest child of the Dutch King and Queen, both enrolled on a £67,000, two-year course to study for their International Baccalaureate diploma

•  
        •  
        •  
        •  
        •  
        •  

British boarding school: In 2021, Leonor and Princess Alexia of the Netherlands, 17, the second eldest child of the Dutch King and Queen, both enrolled on a £67,000, two-year course to study for their International Baccalaureate diploma

Celia

Duchess of photographs! Camilla beams on Country Life cover in a portrait taken by Kate Middleton at her Wiltshire home – as the royal guest-edits the July issue ahead of her 75th birthday

Duchess of Cornwall for a special royal edition of Country Life magazine

A royal source said it was the Duchess of Cornwall’s idea to ask Kate Middleton to take her portrait for the cover of Country Life and that she had been ‘delighted’ to agree (left together, and right, the cover). It was taken at Ray Mill House, Camilla’s country retreat in Lacock, Wiltshire. She bought the six-bedroom property, 17 miles from the Prince of Wales’ Highgrove home, after her divorce from Andrew Parker Bowles in the mid-1990s (top inset).

RnR

Lovely photo on the right.

Celia

Princess Charlene is back in business: Royal is chic in a black and white dress as she visits the Princess Grace Hospital Centre in her first solo engagement since her return to Monaco

Princess Charlene is back in business: Royal makes her first solo engagement

Princess Charlene stepped out for her first solo engagement since returning to Monaco after a stint in a treatment centre for ‘exhaustion’. The princess, 44, who shares seven-year-old twins Gabriella and Jacques with husband Prince Albert, 64, paid a visit to patients, staff and families at the Princess Grace Hospital Centre (pictured), the only public hospital in Monaco. Charlene is slowly readjusting to royal duties after remaining largely out of the public eye over the last 18 months. She spent 10 months in her native South Africa last year after contracting a sinus infection that later required surgery. She returned to Monaco in November but was there for a matter of days before leaving for a Swiss treatment facility. The exact nature of her condition was not made public but Albert said she was ‘exhausted’.

Sophie

Princess Charlotte charmed sports fans at the Commonwealth Games last week.

Princess Charlotte charmed sports fans at the Commonwealth Games this week.

edition.cnn.com

Viewing 58 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.