They’re installing what at some post offices?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Janelle Ward

Australia Post seems to be a business in transition. There is talk that five-day a week letter deliveries may be reduced due to changing customs, now the company is considering installing changerooms in some stores.

You heard correctly – changerooms.

This is to allow customers to try on their online purchases. In 2022, 9.4 million Australian households bought something online.

A new Community Hub concept store is set to open in Orange in NSW in July and will allow customers to try on their purchases at the time of collecting deliveries. It will also offer a variety of products from local sellers.

“We’re testing a whole lot of new concepts,” Australia Post parcel, post and e-commerce services executive general manager Gary Starr told the Herald Sun.

“For example, there’s a changeroom, so I can order online and have it delivered to that community hub post, try it on and if it’s great, you can take it home, if not, then I can hand it straight back over the counter and it goes back to the retailer and I can get my money back quicker.”

Local small businesses will also get a chance to showcase their products in the new hub.

In its 2023 online shopping report, Australia Post described the Community Hubs as a way to “meet the ever-evolving needs of modern e-commerce”.

What do you think of this move? How different are post offices from when you were a kid?

SAC
      Participant

What a stupid idea. If you’re returning something that you’ve bought online, it has to be repacked and forms usually filled in etc. You’ll end up spending half the day in the Post Office fiddling around, let alone taking up excessive time with the staff while trying to organize it all. And has anyone yet found a quick and easy way to open a clithing parcel, in one of those soft plastic bags which ard not designed to be opened?

Rod63
      Participant

What a great idea. That will be very convenient. It will be so much easier to get any item that’s not suitable, on its way back straight away.
      Well done Australia Post.

Taragosun
      Participant

It would not work for us in the country. By arrangement with the PO everything is delivered to our home.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.