Three areas in your home you’re forgetting to clean

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ellie Baxter

According to a cleaning whizz on TikTok, you may want to update your cleaning list to add these three easy-to-miss spots.
      In the clip, she begins by pointing out how remote controls are often missed. “These hold a lot of bacteria,” she warns.
      So you might want to think about that before you settle down on the sofa ready to watch TV later today.
      And if your hallway or bedroom is lined with photographs or artwork, then listen up. The cleaning guru points out that many homeowners forget to clean the top of their framed artwork. “Lots of dust here!” she says.
      And last but not least, the cleaning pro warns that while it may be out of sight, people should also remember to clean the back of their toilet.
      The post has since gone viral, racking up a whopping 162k views and several comments from social media users.
      One person commented to add a fourth place to clean: “Also tops of doors and woodwork.”

Marigold
      Participant

Definitely top of woodwork and anything tall eg fridge. Some nasty surprises there, especially when the wood is chipboard and unfinished and you didn’t know. I would include kitchen shelves where containers of foodstuff used often are kept, especially cooking basics. This also applies to the shelves cooking implements are kept. Recently I discovered the shelves in my saucepan cupboard seem to have suddenly developed stains which I think have come from the base of the saucepans which are all quite old and well used. It’s developed over time so went unnoticed but now it is and it looks awful. Awhile ago it was the shelves my little containers of herbs and spices sit on, dust and small spills had multiplied without me noticing because it developed slowly and because, I think, I only ever looked at them mid cooking.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.