Too much royalty?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jan Fisher
      Keymaster

Has anyone else had enough of the media coverage of the Queen’s death?
      At any given time there are at least four documentary or news programs about everything from the time some hairy guy got caught in the lift with the Queen to King Charles’ brief time at an Australian boarding school.
      ABC Breakfast sent its senior presenter to England the very next day, despite the funeral not being for two weeks. Total. Economic. Wastage.
      I turn the television on, check out all the dross and either turn it off or start watching something on Netflix.
      Can’t complain on one level though, with the warmer weather and all this free time, my garden is looking great.

ronloby
      Participant

Yes, 24/7 on most television stations is a bit much I think. Televising the exact event would have been more appropriate.

KSS
      Participant

Jan and Ron: It was only 24/7 for the first couple of days, not any more. The ‘exact event’ is still broadcast e.g. the cavalcade from Northolt to Buckingham Palace, the procession from the Palace to Westminster Hall etc and then rerun in bits throughout the day in news bulletins for those who missed the event live at night. Normal broadcasting has resumed otherwise.

I could say the same about sport which also takes over ALL channels most weekends of the year, not just a few days once in 70 years.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.