What food can you no longer eat but would love to be able to taste again?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Gary Andrews
      Keymaster

“This could be a game changer,” I text my wife.

My wife, fortunately, knows that if she receives a text like this from me it almost certainly will not change the game. But she was impressed enough to reply back “Wow.”

The reason for my excitement. Jatz and Shapes will soon be available in gluten free thanks to a campaign by TikTok influencer and coeliac @han_fitzy.

I’m not a TikTok influencer, and I’m not coeliac, but I do have a very unpleasant intolerance to gluten, as does my wife. And no, before you ask, this wasn’t the reason we got together.

Having spent many years looking enviously on enviously at children’s parties or other gatherings where fully grown adults know they can graze on Arnott’s snacks without judgement, I can now join in without fear. Arnotts have already made gluten free Tim Tams and seems to be going through their entire back catalogue to de-gluenify it. I, for one, approve.

But it got me thinking. Food allergies are surprisingly common. I even have one friend allergic to garlic. And yes, she’s heard all the vampire jokes.

So, what classic Australian foodstuff do you wish you could eat but can’t, and would willingly become a TikTok influencer if it meant you could chow down without fear or regret?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.