When do you put your Christmas decorations up?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jan Fisher
      Keymaster

We have a pretty flexible schedule, sometime in the first week of December they go up, and they come down either the New Year’s Day or the next.

I’m sure my husband would like to do it later because he is the one in charge of fetching all the boxes from our storage space in the ceiling, and it’s frankly a pain, not to say kind of creepy going up there.

And decorating used to be a whole family thing, but now it’s just left up to me and everyone groans when I suggest some family bonding time to help me out.

However, I do know some Christmas diehards who put up the tree in November and reluctantly take it down late January.

It used to drive my dad crazy seeing Christmas decorations in shops after January 1 and while I thought he was a little bit tightly wound about it I agree with him now, it’s just lazy and not a good look.

I have seen some news stories about families who leave them up all year, but I don’t think I could cope with all that bling.

Diana Hands
      Participant

I have a wonderful neighbour who puts my lights up for me. They have been up for a few days. Our houses look wonderful at night. It does help to lift the feelings of “bah humbug”.
      What I hate is to see Hot Cross buns on shelves at the end of December!

Jan Fisher
        Keymaster

You’re so lucky to have such a lovely neighbour Diana. I must admit one of my favourite parts of Christmas is all the Christmas lights.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.