Where does Australia rank among the world’s most promiscuous countries?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Brad Lockyer
      Keymaster

Australia has taken out second spot in a list ranking the world’s most promiscuous nations, determined by average number of sexual partners per person. The data revealed the average Aussie has bedded 13.3 people over the course of a lifetime.

Interestingly, Turkey was in first place, with an average of 14.5 people. The result may surprise, seeing as Turkey is a Muslim-majority country.

We managed to just edge out that lot from across the ditch, with New Zealand claiming third position on the list with 13.2 partners per person.

Some countries you may think of as being a bit more sexually liberal were surprisingly low on the list. France was in 29th position, with an average of just 8.1 partners, while Brazil was higher in 25th place with 9.0 partners per person.

The top 10 looked like this:
      1. Turkey (14.5 people)
      2. Australia (13.3)
      3. New Zealand (13.2)
      4. Iceland (13.0)
      5. South Africa (12.5)
      6. Finland (12.4)
      7. Norway (12.1)
      8. Italy (11.8)
      9. Sweden (11.8)
      10. Switzerland (11.1)

Are you surprised Australia ranked so highly on this list?

David Ryder
      Participant

I would not trust the accuracy of those figures. Not saying they are wrong but how on Earth were they collected? Could only be by asking people and getting honest answers which I doubt would happen.

Keith
      Participant

Another dodgy survey . Did they survey countries where people breed like rabbits . I live in Thailand and can assure you that promiscuous sex is a sport here & in neighbouring countries. Obviously I don’t have a problem with that , but there’s NO way that survey is accurate.

white trash
      Participant

Perhaps they accounted for all those prostitutes of different sexes and orientations, divided the population, and had the results. What about sex with animals? Not known? Read more about it. Turkey is a predominately Muslim society. So, you may have a ‘wife’ for 24 hours blessed by an imam. This is a ‘legitimate union’, albeit short. The name of such a blessing is hypocrisy.

Couldabeen
      Participant

Of course to have any validity, these counts have to be given from a persons death bed as in a healthy person, the libido never dies. Opportunity may be limited but desire remains.
      As for that .3 occasion, was that the encounter where we never quite went “all the way”?
      Were the counts for men or women? We know that there can be a great disparity between the sexes in not only how many partners they’ve had, but also how many they claim to have had versus how many they actually had.
      Remember that when giving testimony in Court, Bill Clinton varied in his definition of “had sex with that woman”. And an earlier US President said that to have even thought about having sex with a person other then one’s wedded spouse was as “good” as having committed adultery.
      I have a friend who admits to having had sex with over 300 different men when she was “active”. This will skew the statistics for those who’ve been happily monogamous since they gave their virginity on their wedding night.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.