Who’s paying the most for car insurance? And why?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Annual average car insurance expenditure now totals $1472 – a 24 per cent spike over the last year.

Who is bearing the brunt of this surge in car insurance expenses?

New South Wales and Victorian residents cop it worst, shelling out $1717 and $1817 respectively. The least expensive states were Tasmania and Western Australia, with average charges of $1183 and $1264 respectively.

Age, gender, and brand of the car also factor into costs. Young drivers under 20 years of age hand over the most, with a $2855 annual average. Drivers over 70 pay significantly less, clocking in at only $1051 per year. Men fork out more, averaging $1578 annually, in contrast to the $1358 paid by women.

Car make, model and even colour can incredibly influence annual costs. Obviously high-end vehicle brands cop heavier fees, with Rolls Royce owners charged an eye-watering average of $8806 annually (ha ha). Car colour plays a surprising role too; neutral shades like black, silver, and white hitting owners with more hefty costs, as compared to the relatively affordable insurable green vehicles.

Have you noticed a bump in your car insurance costs? Or have you noticed certain ‘extras’ now not included in your renewed policy? Are you happy with your insurer?

Star Trekker
      Participant

Mine has jumped from a Auto club from $764.92 to $892 that is nearly $130 rise.
      Now looking for a more fairer deal as I drive less that 10000kms a year.

Cosmo
      Participant

I pay a little over $600 pa for a Range Rover in NSW. While that is modest what annoys me is that irrespective of the car brand, each year from new the value of the car reduces but the insurance premium increases after another year of accident and penalty free driving. Insurance companies like banks, power companies and supermarkets encourage us to shop around by their greedy tactics.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.