Will the Netflix ban on password sharing change the way you stream?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Claire Halliday

For all the fine, upstanding citizens out there, the announcement from Netflix that they are cracking down on password sharing outside of individual households may not seem like big news. But for the rest of us, who try to keep up with the plethora of shows to watch thanks to community-spirited sharing of passwords that help friends and extended family members access everything from Disney to Binge without all the pesky monthly debits from your bank account, it’s a move that could change the way lots of people watch their favourite shows.
      I plead guilty.
      I can’t deny it.
      Between my adult children and a couple of close friends, my household (and theirs) can tune in to a number of streaming platforms – and save money.
      But not for much longer it seems.
      Oh well. It was nice while it lasted.
      But books from my local library are looking more appealing than usual as a more affordable entertainment option…
      Will the change on password sharing impact you and people you know?
      How much do you spend each month on streaming services?

clancambo
      Participant

Will they refuse service if I log in from different IP addresses when away from home??
      I don’t and won’t share any password at anytime with anyone.

Life experience
      Participant

Many people now leaving Netflix. Friends upset and angry with Netflix. Prime is better anyway

desiree
      Participant

All I can say is what a moaning lot in regards to NetFlix.Its cheaper than many apps and always has a new film ,doco or series to watch and very affordable at $14 a month which equates to 50c a day.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.