Would you try this potato ‘hack’

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jan Fisher
      Keymaster

In what I hope is a joke, an American woman has taken to social media to recommend putting your potatoes in the dishwasher to speed up Christmas dinner.

Say what now?

Apparently you load up your dishwasher with potatoes, put it on a ‘rinse only’ cycle without any dishwashing powder (surely you don’t need to tell people this) and in a few minutes you have a load of clean potatoes.

She says it was originally her grandmother’s idea. Yeah, I’d blame someone who was dead too.

Not surprisingly, it was met with a certain hostility in the comments, with one person summing it up for all of us with: “You truly cannot eat at everybody’s house.”

Here’s my tip for free, buy ready-washed potatoes, problem solved.

Would you try this cooking shortcut?

Allen Gilchrist
      Participant

Jan if you watched the show “the Hundred” last night you would have seen that the same question was asked and were quite a few that have used their dishwasher for cooking different items such as fish, the thing is you don’t just chuck it in on the shelf you either wrap it securely or put it in a zip lock bag the just run the dishwasher through a cycle.

Jan Fisher
        Keymaster

That sounds okay Allen, but this woman was just loading up the dishwasher with potatoes with no covering.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.