Your dog sleeps where?!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Janelle Ward

Pet ownership in Australia soared during COVID lockdowns with prices of some dogs doubling and wait lists blowing out.

So we love our pets and are prepared to pay a lot for them. Is that why more pet owners seem to be besotted by their animals – so besotted that they sleep with the owner in their bed! Or for some people, has that always been the case?

I love my dog, but there’s no way I want his head in my pillow. I don’t even want him in my bedroom – although I have mellowed and he’s allowed to sleep indoors.

Surely basic hygiene dictates that dogs sleep in their own beds. What’s your view?

52-KID
      Participant

Our dog, and our cats for that matter, all sleep with one of us. Not actually IN the bed, but on the bed. On my bed, for the nights he stays with me, he has his own pillow and blanket and mostly sleeps at the bottom of the bed. I actually find it quite comforting.

Bushbaby
      Participant

My dog sleeps wherever he wants. He spends a bit of time cuddling up to us in bed then moves to the end of the bed and snoozes for a while. After this he usually relocates to his own bed under the window. I think he rotates between all spots at various times during the night, because he is never in the same spot if I wake up at any time. He’s very quiet though and doesn’t disturb us. Like 52-KID, I find it comforting to have him close by.

Jan Fisher
      Keymaster

Mum: “Dogs sleep outside”. Mum a year or two later. “Dogs can occasionally sleep inside if the weather is bad.” A few years later. “Dogs sleep inside all the time but never on the bed”. Now the dogs spend as much time inside as they like and the heater or air-conditioner is left on depending on the weather. Who exactly in charge here mum?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.