Friday Funnies: Doctors, lawyers and priests

Doctors, lawyers, priests and wives: who can you trust?

doctor priest lawyer

In today’s Friday Funnies, we focus on the professions and people we should be able to trust most in life – only sometimes these folks aren’t so reputable.

•••

The city miser was on his death bed and, as his last request, he asked to be alone with his lawyer, doctor, and priest.

“I know I am going to die,” he said. “And I would like to take my money with me, so I am going to give each of you $150,000 and I want you to each make sure the money is buried with me in my coffin.”

It was a few days after the funeral when the priest, overflowing with guilt, finally confided to the other two that he only put $100,000 back.

“I’m glad you brought it up” said the doctor. “Because I have also been feeling guilty. I only put $80,000 back.”

“You people should be ashamed of yourselves,” stormed the lawyer. “Stealing money like that. Am I the only honest person here?”

“Here look at this,” he said pulling out his chequebook. “I wrote out a cheque for the full $150,000!”

•••

A man wasn’t feeling well so he went to the doctor. After examining him the doctor took his wife aside.

“Your husband has a very sensitive heart. I am afraid he’s not going to make it, unless you treat him like a king, which means you are at his every beck and call, 24 hours a day and that he doesn’t have to do anything himself,” he said.

On the way home the husband asked, with a note of concern: “so, what did he say?”

“Well,” the lady responded. “He said it looks like you probably won’t make it.”

RELATED ARTICLES





    COMMENTS

    To make a comment, please register or login

    2nd Dec 2016
    12:27pm
    Lawyers and priests: it's only 98% which give the other 2% a bad name.


    Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free

    • Receive our daily enewsletter
    • Enter competitions
    • Comment on articles