Jacqueline has received her concession card with her husband’s name on it and wants to know his entitlements.
My husband’s name is on my concession card. What is he entitled to?
A. The good news is that your partner should be entitled to concessions as he is named on your Pension Concession Card (PCC). He will receive prescription medicines on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme at a concession rate. However, bulk billing and reduced-rate medical appointments are given at the discretion of the provider.
Other concessions will also be at the discretion of providers, but it certainly pays to ask the question before handing over your cash.
The PCC also helps with access to hearing services. Hearing services may include:
- a comprehensive hearing assessment performed by a qualified hearing services provider
- access to a wide range of quality fully subsidised hearing devices, made by leading manufacturers
- if you are fitted with a hearing device, you will receive advice on how to achieve maximum benefit from your device
- further support and hearing services, which can be accessed even if fitting a hearing device is not suitable
- access to an optional annual maintenance agreement where, for a small fee, you can receive repairs and batteries to support your hearing device. For further information refer to the maintenance agreements
If you enjoy our content, don’t keep it to yourself. Share our free eNews with your friends and encourage them to sign up.
Disclaimer: All content on YourLifeChoices website is of a general nature and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It has been prepared with due care but no guarantees are provided for ongoing accuracy or relevance. Before making a decision based on this information, you should consider its appropriateness in regard to your own circumstances. You should seek professional advice from a Centrelink Financial Information Services officer, financial planner, lawyer or tax agent in relation to any aspects that affect your financial and legal circumstances.