A pre-paid funeral, as the name suggests, means you pay for your funeral in advance. The cost will depend on the funeral director you choose as well as your specific preferences. As such, there is no limit to the amount of money you can invest in a pre-paid funeral.
To help you decide on whether a pre-paid funeral plan is something you’d wish to have, here are a few financial as well as emotional benefits to consider.
Financial benefits of pre-paid funerals
- The funeral director cannot claim the funds from your pre-payment until they have provided the service. Also, the payment is strictly controlled by and must comply with legislation.
- Regardless of when your funeral takes place, the cost will be fixed at the time you made payment.
- Flexible payment options are available – such as paying for it in full or in monthly instalments.
- A pre-paid funeral plan is not counted under the income and assets tests, regardless of the pre-paid amount.
- You may be eligible for improved pension entitlements by pre-paying your funeral.
- It protects your family from finding funds for your funeral at a short notice.
Emotional benefits of pre-paid funerals
- You can state your needs and preferences to reflect and celebrate your life – and you can be as specific as you wish, from the type of service to the final pace of rest.
- It allows you to plan and make important decisions without the emotional stress that usually accompanies death.
- There is a satisfying sense of having your affairs in order and knowing that your final wishes will be carried out.
- It can relieve your family of much of the tension and grief which can arise when planning a loved one’s funeral.
- Your family will be supported by an experienced funeral professional who’ll be able to help and direct them during a time of grief.
To find out more about pre-paid funerals, visit Simplicityfunerals.com.au
A prepaid funeral may help reduce your assessable assets.
Private Health insurance cover can reduce your tax burden.
A news series of ads show what makes White Lady Funerals so special.
A testament to White Lady Funerals’ customer service and professional care.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles