Many perks come along when winter turns into spring and the weather warms up. One of the main ones being the ability to shed some off those extra layers and embrace fun and flirty new seasonal trends.
While the seventies is back in a big way this season, it’s not the easiest look to pull off. So, for this week’s Stylewatch, I thought I’d focus on one spring/summer trend that’s simple and works for almost everyone.
The longline sleeveless blazer is one trend that’s worth the investment. Why? Because it will work hard for your money. Smart enough to wear to work, it’s also the perfect piece to wear on an evening out. Want to wear it on the weekends as well? Simply add jeans and sneakers or flats and you’re good to go.
Three ways to wear it
- Layer the sleeveless blazer over a simple midi dress for work or a night out. To dress it up even more, add a statement necklace and pair of sexy heels.
- Team with some cropped trousers, a pair of non-boring flats, and a simple T-shirt or cami for the office. Complete the look with a standout scarf in a bright colour or print.
- Dress up a pair of jeans by throwing the sleeveless blazer over a striped long sleeve top. Wear with a dressy pair of sneakers or boots and you have the perfect ensemble for brunch or lunch, and everything in between.
Where to buy it:
1. Topshop, Raw Edge Sleeveless Jacket, approx. $85
2. Glassons, Longline Vest, $49.99
3. Portmans, Ida Milano Vest, $69.95