Phone and internet comparison service WhistleOut has announced the winners of its annual awards for best mobile and internet services and best phones.
The biggest winners were iiNet and Spintel, which took out the mobile and internet provider of the year awards. Meanwhile, Apple swept many of the device categories, including collecting phone of the year for the iPhone 13, while Felix Mobile and Belong won the inaugural sustainable mobile and internet provider categories.
WhistleOut publisher Joseph Hanlon says the awards identify the telco providers that consistently offer customers the best value throughout the year, while also calling out the best deals from the past 12 months.
“Anyone interested in getting a better telco package will find something of interest from our winners,” he said.
“This year we introduced the sustainability awards for mobile and internet providers. Implementing sustainability practices into telco organisations isn’t only important from an ecological perspective, it’s becoming increasingly important to stakeholders and the choices they make. These awards look at the steps Australian telcos are taking to lessen their environmental impact in areas like CO2 emissions, sustainable energy sourcing, waste management and the sustainable practices of their supply chain partners.”
Mr Hanlon says the awards make a great starting point for people looking to find a new telco plan or device and for anyone looking to upgrade or switch their mobile device but with a keen eye on budget deals or special features.
Best phone plans
- Mobile Provider of the Year: iiNet
- Sustainable Mobile Provider of the Year: Felix Mobile
- Best SIM-Only Provider, Value Plans: Moose Mobile
- Best SIM-Only Provider, Large Plans: Circles.Life
- Best Prepaid Provider, Value Plans: Coles Mobile
- Best Prepaid Provider, Large Plans: TPG
- Best Provider, iPhone Plans: Vodafone
- Best Provider, Samsung Plans: Vodafone
- Best Provider, International Calls: amaysim
- Best Provider, Plans for Kids: iiNet
- Best Phone Plan Promotion: Telstra
Best internet plans
- Internet Provider of the Year: Spintel
- Sustainable Internet Provider of the Year: Belong
- Best Unlimited NBN Provider: Tangerine
- Best Premium NBN Provider: Spintel
- Best Fixed Wireless NBN Provider: Tangerine
- Best Satellite NBN Provider: SkyMesh
- Best Mobile Broadband Provider, Everyday Use: Telstra
- Best Mobile Broadband Provider, High Use: Optus
- Best Home Wireless Broadband Provider: SpinTel
- Best Internet Promotion: Origin Broadband
- Phone of the Year: iPhone 13
- Best Phone Camera: iPhone 13 Pro
- Best Phone Design: OPPO Find N
- Best Value Phone: Motorola Edge 20 Fusion
- Best High Performance Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Phone Manufacturer of the Year: Apple
WhistleOut says it has reviewed the biggest cross section of providers possible, including the top 10 service providers in each category, many smaller providers and the full range of phone manufacturers available in Australia. The award categories for phone and internet plans are judged by awarding 3, 2 and 1 points to the providers of the three best plans in each category on a monthly basis (July 2021-June 2022).
Do you regularly review your phone or internet plan to ensure you’re getting maximum value for money? Which provider are you currently with? Why not share your knowledge in the comments section below?
If you enjoy our content, don’t keep it to yourself. Share our free eNews with your friends and encourage them to sign up.