Come to China with us in September!!!!
Join YOURLifeChoices Webmaster Drew on the trip of a lifetime to Beijing, Xian and Shanghai on September 9. Drew will be leading a merry band of YOURLifeChoices subscribers as they visit the major attractions, assisting with digital photography along the way…
No one knows China like Helen Wong Tours, so we have partnered with Helen to create a journey with experiences you will not be offered by any other company. Such experiences include a Peking Duck dinner at the exclusive China Club, Tai chi, a bike ride around the city wall in Xian and a special dumpling lunch in Shanghai.
* $4,275 per person twin share (Including $325.00 airport taxes & fuel surcharge),
* Return Qantas flights
* 9 days in China
* 4 star accommodation
Drew is an avid leisure photographer whose passion for photography was first discovered on a family
trip to the islands off Queensland when he was seven. Since then, Drew has travelled the globe including China, Italy, Canada and Russia taking great shots of iconic sights. His role as webmaster on the YOURLifeChoices website means specialised training in digital photography and giving presentations on how to make the most of your camera.
Says Drew, “Photography is not about spending $5000 on a camera to capture staged events and gatherings, it is about using an affordable camera, configured to the lighting and surroundings, to capture the moment.”
Join with Drew on this trip of a lifetime to China and come back with memorable images that will last a lifetime.
Day 1 9 September 2011 Friday
Depart Sydney to Beijing via Hong Kong on Qantas Airways and Dragon
Air. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to the Beijing Marriott City
Wall Hotel for four nights.
Day 2-4 10-12 September Saturday – Monday
The group will have three full days of visiting sights including a morning
visit to a park where you can participate in Tai Chi with the locals. Visit the magnificent Summer Palace, the exquisite Temple of Heaven, the splendours of the Forbidden City – as well as Tiananmen Square. See the pandas at the Beijing Zoo and visit the Silk Market. Tour the ‘hutongs’ – the “back alleys” – by cycle rickshaw where you can see Chinese life at its most traditional and obtain a fascinating behind-the- scenes glimpse into the lifestyles of the local people. Spend a day visiting the Sacred Way,
the Exhibition Hall of the Ming Tombs and the Great Wall, truly one of the world’s greatest wonders. Enjoy a Peking Duck dinner at the exclusive China Club and an exciting performance of ‘The Legend of Kung Fu’ during your stay. (B/L/one D)
Day 5 13 September Tuesday
Transfer to the airport for a group flight to Xian. On arrival the group will be
transferred to the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel for two nights. This evening enjoy a cultural show with dinner at the Tang Dynasty Theatre. (B/L/D)
Day 6 14 September Wednesday
In Xian you will marvel at amazing archaeological wonders – the
Terracotta Army of Emperor Qin Shi Huang, the Chariot Exhibition, the Shaanxi History Museum which houses over 370,000 relics chronicling Shaanxi civilisation and culture from as far back as prehistoric times. Also visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda and explore the 14th Century old City
Wall. The group will be given a fun and easy option of riding a bike around the wall. (B/L)
Day 7 15 September Thursday
Transfer to the airport for a group flight to Shanghai. On arrival the group
will be transferred to the Majesty Plaza Hotel for two nights. (B/L)
Day 8 16 September Friday
Today is spent exploring this gracious and cosmopolitan city. See the
former colonial concessions along the Bund and take a short cruise on the Huangpu River where you will have a spectacular view of the “yesterday and today” of Shanghai. Take a stroll along the twisting alleyways of
Old Chinatown and visit the Yu Garden. Lunch will be at the Nanxiang Dumpling Teahouse in the Yu Yuan Bazaar. Also visit the impressive Shanghai Museum and the Jade Buddha Temple. Tonight, an acrobatics show will be organised for the group. (B/L/D).
Day 9 17 September Saturday
SHANGHAI/SYDNEY – QF
Transfer to the airport for your flight to Sydney on Qantas. (B)
Day 10 18 September Sunday
PACKAGE TOUR INCLUSIONS:
1. Economy class air travel with QANTAS AIRWAYS to/from Sydney inclusive of airport taxes and fuel surcharges. A baggage allowance up to 20kg is included as per airline regulation.
2. Economy class air travel between all cities as indicated in the itinerary with a Chinese domestic airline and baggage allowance up to 20kg.
3. Coach travel as indicated including the services of an English-speaking guide.
4. Twin share accommodation with private facilities where indicated on the itinerary and including service charges. Single room at supplement cost.
5. Transfers between airport and hotel as indicated in the itinerary including the services of an English- speaking guide.
6. Sightseeing including entrance fees as specified in the itinerary
including the services of an English-speaking guide.
7. Meals as specified in the itinerary.
8. Tour leader to escort the group from Australia, subject to obtaining a minimum number of 15 full-paying passengers.
9. Single entry China visa processing for Australian passport holder. (Note: Passport holder of another nationality will be required to check additional fees at time of booking).
10. Travel bag and kit.
PACKAGE TOUR COST EXCLUSIONS:
Travel documentation, insurance, excess baggage charges, gratuities,
meals and beverages not specified. Items of a personal nature such as laundry, dry cleaning, personal accident and medical expenses. Incidental expenses, taxi fare where not part of a regular transfer, telephone and telecommunication charge.
FINANCIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS DEPOSIT:
• $440.00 per person required within 7 days of confirmation sent to clients.
• Balance payment is required 60 days before departure.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
• Personal or bank cheque made payable to Helen Wong’s Tours.
• Direct deposit into Helen Wong’s Tours bank account.
• Visa or Mastercard which incurs a surcharge of 1.5% of the payment amount.
• American Express which incurs a surcharge of 4.5% of the payment amount.
NOTE: Cancellation conditions based on per person:
• Between 21—69 days prior to departure, full deposit forfeited.
• Between 8—20 days prior to departure, 50% of the Land Content.
• Within 7 days prior to departure, 100% of the Land Content.
“For enquiries or bookings, please contact Elaine or Karen at Helen Wong’s Tours Groups Division on (02) 9267 8229.” Conditions apply. Travel agent licence number 2TA004103.