The ZespriSunGold Chia Trifle combines nutrient-dense kiwifruit with the protein- and fibre-rich chia seeds. It makes a nourishing breakfast or the perfect snack at any time.
- 4 tablespoons black chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla bean, scraped)
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced for layering
- 1 tablespoon mint, washed, dried and finely chopped
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, crushed
- extra maple syrup, for drizzling
Soak chia seeds in water for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the chopped Kiwifruit, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest, vanilla.Add chia mix,thenblend in a food processoruntil smooth.Distribute half the mixture into individual serving glasses.Layer with sliced kiwifruit, mint and add more chia mixture.Then add a layer of yoghurt.Continue this process so you have two layers of chia and two layers of kiwifruit, to create a trifle effect.Set in fridge for four hours or overnight.Garnish with crushed macadamias and drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
Recipe published by kind permission of Zespri Kiwifruit