Today’s savoury muffins are easy to prepare and are perfect for picnics or for when you’re on the go and need a healthy snack.
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup polenta
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red capsicum
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 250 grams sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup low-fat milk
Preheat oven to 200°C. Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl, then set aside. Combine all the other ingredients in a bowl, then mix the egg and milk mixture through the dry ingredients. When everything is combined, spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tray. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
Do you love a savoury muffin? What’s your favourite? Why not share a recipe in the comments section below?