Fresh ingredients make this healthy dish flavourful with very little effort.
Salmon is both tasty and healthy, packed with omega-3s, good oils, vitamins and minerals. Add fresh ingredients for a simple, flavourful weeknight meal.
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 x 3cm piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1–2 small red chillies, sliced (optional)
- 1 lime, halved
- 3 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 x 120g salmon fillets, scaled and pin-boned
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 4 x wooden skewers, soaked in water to prevent charring
To make your marinade, combine the garlic, ginger and chillies in a small bowl, along with the zest and juice of half a lime. Add the soy sauce, honey and oil. Mix well. Preheat your grill to medium (about 175°C) and line a baking tray with foil. Cut salmon into 2.5cm cubes, toss them in the marinade and leave to absorb for around 10 minutes.Thread the salmon pieces onto the skewers, leaving a bit of room between each cube, and then place onto the tray. Grill for around 8 to 10 minutes, until cooked through, turning regularly to brush with remaining marinade. If using sesame seeds, cook them in a dry non-stick frying pan until golden. Generously sprinkle the salmon with toasted seeds. Serve with remaining lime wedges.
Serving suggestion: Complement the meal with sautéed greens and brown rice.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles