A meal for one, our Tuna Brown Rice Salad is not only healthy, but also delicious – and is sure to satisfy. You can prepare the rice beforehand and stand in the fridge until needed.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup brown rice, soaked overnight or for up to six hours, drained and rinsed
- 1 small can tuna in brine, drained
- 1/4 cucumber, finely diced
- 1spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/8 red onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- juiceof 1/2 lemon
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium saucepan, boil one cup of water. Add the rinsed brown rice and reduce heat to low.Cover saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes or until water is evaporated and rice is cooked. Place the rice in a bowl and allow to cool. Add tuna, cucumber, spring onion, parsley and red onion. In a separate bowl, combine vinegar and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and whisk to combine. Pour over salad and toss to combine.