A healthy spin on a family favourite, this Granola Apple Crumble doesn’t compromise on taste.
Time: 55 mins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups store-bought oat granola
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus an extra 1/4 cup
- 5 crisp apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and ginger)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Melt the butter in an oven-safe pan over medium heat. Add the granola, one tablespoon of the flour and one tablespoon of sugar, and mix until the sugar is dissolved and the granola is well coated. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
Add the apples into the pan and toss with the pumpkin pie spice, lemon juice and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are juicy and slightly softened. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of flour. Scatter the reserved granola mixture evenly over the top and transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve warm with cream or ice-cream if desired.