While pasta is a simple, go-to standard for dinner, it can often be a bit bland. Well, not this tastebud-tingling Spring Pasta, which is made with spicy chorizo and capsicum and offers real zing!
- 8 tomatoes (cut tops off and quarter)
- 2 capsicums – 1 red, 1 green, cut into strips
- onion, sliced
- 3 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- salt, ground black pepper and dried chilli to taste
Fry the onion and garlic until soft, but not brown. Add the tomatoes and cook for five minutes until softened. Toss in the capsicum and stir. Season to taste with salt, pepper and chilli. Leave to simmer gently for 15 minutes (you may need to add a little water).
Meanwhile, cook your preferred pasta – twirls or tubes work best.
In a separate pan, fry chorizo for about four minutes – there’s no need to add oil. Drain sausage on kitchen towel and add to tomato sauce.
Once pasta is boiled, drain and toss in sauce. Serve with garlic bread or a side salad.