Our classic One Pot Beef Stew is a hearty and healthy favourite. This is a great recipe to cook up and freeze into single meals for moments when you don’t have the time to cook a healthy meal.
Time: Two hours
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g beef chuck steak, cut into 4cm chunks
- 1/2 brown onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon plain flour
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 75g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 500g sebago potatoes, peeled, cut into 4cm chunks
- 100g green beans, trimmed, cut to 4cm
- 1/4 cup sour cream, to serve
Heat half the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook beef over high heat until well browned. Transfer to meat to a plate. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil and onion. Cook for five minutes, until soft. Add tomato paste and paprika and sprinkle flour over, cook, stirring, for a further one minute. Gradually add stock, stirring constantly. Return meat to the pan, cover and bring just to the boil. Reduce heat to very low and cook gently, covered, for one hour. Add mushrooms, carrot and potato. Replace lid and cook for 45 mins then add beans and cook a further 15 mins. Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream.