Our Thai Corn Cakes are baked, not fried, and make a lovely light dinner or lunch. Travelling somewhere? Take these corn cakes on the road. You can pack them easily and they are a great healthy and economical alternative to those standard road-side stops.
Serves: 8 patties
Time: 40 minutes
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 medium head broccoli, grated
- kernels of 1 ear of corn
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2.5cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (or regular flour works too)
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
Preheat oven to 200° Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine carrot, broccoli, corn, shallots, garlic, ginger, chickpeas and flour (add in your chilli here as well if you like). Using your hands, thoroughly mix all ingredients together. Form eight patties and place onto the baking tray. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, turning patties after 10 minutes.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Serve the Thai cakes with a bit of the salsa and sweet chilli sauce.